Golden Oldies Juke Box Music
The election has come and gone, but golden oldies are a joy forever. The songs are on the juke box in our Daily Doo Wop Rec Room. There’s plenty of good music, and it’s always a fun mix of artists and genres, including doo wop, rock n roll, country, pop, R&B, and more. Just click on the juke box and then on the songs you wish to hear. Many thanks to all those who requested songs! Many apologies if we did not get to your request. Please let us know, and we’ll try again next Saturday.
Here are the selections for this weekend’s Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night #101:
- “Try a Little Tenderness” by Three Dog Night for Susie Davis.
- “He Hit Me (and it Felt Like a Kiss)” by The Crystals for Robert Florczak.
- “Happy Birthday Darlin'” by Conway Twitty for Linda Mullens, who is celebrating her birthday.
- “When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again” by Elvis Presley for Susan Poff Wright.
- “Harbor Lights” by The Platters for Linda C Williams Markhart, who dedicates it especially to all the veterans of foreign wars and all other veterans. She writes, “God Bless.”
- “Long Lonely Nights” by Lee Andrews and The Hearts for Kevin Mckay.
- “Goodbye Lonesome, Hello Baby Doll” by Johnny Horton for Paul Johnson.
- “This Time” by Troy Shondell for John Kraft.
- “Goodnite Sweetheart, Goodnite” by The Spaniels for Frank Canetti, who dedicates it to Judy Blue Eyes.
- “Foolish Little Girl” by The Shirelles for Andy Lanzi.
- “Please Please Please” byJames Brown for Judith Morrison Hillis.
- “Johnny’s Theme” by Doc Severinsen for Charlie Bubenheim.
- “Let the Good Times Roll” by JD McPherson for James Pennock.
- “Oh Julie” by The Crescendos for Bob Black.
- “Share” by Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers for Bob Nelson.
- “Never Be Anyone Else But You” by Ricky Nelson for Sonny Cook, who dedicates it to Sherry.
- “Anna (Go To Him)” by Arthur Alexander for Vicki Adkins Brooks.
- “It Was I” by Skip and Flip for Bonnie Gatlin Hollingsworth.
- “Gee Whiz (Look at His Eyes)” by Carla Thomas for Karen Schepper.
- “For Your Love” by Ed Townsend for Gary Weinberger.
- “I Believe” by The Earls for Ruby Manolos.
- “Wonderful! Wonderful!” by The Tymes.
- “Time Won’t Let Me” by The Outsiders for George Denelsbeck.
- “Tell It Like It is” by Aaron Neville for Marc Mitchell.
- “Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree” by Tony Orlando & Dawn for Joan Posey Weimer, who writes that it “seems fitting for Veterans Day.”
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong for Mona Seyl, who dedicates it to her children and grandchildren AJ, Desiree, Myah, and Raymond.
- “Ooo Baby Baby” by The Miracles for Diane Miles.
- “Say Man” by Bo Diddley for Gail Brown.
- “God Bless the USA” by Lee Greenwood for Brian Hartman, who writes that it’s “in honor of Veterans Day. And to all our Veterans, Thank you for your service.
- “Since I Fell for You” by Lenny Welche for Neillie Brown, who dedicates it to Ralph.
- “Runaround Sue” by Dion for Pedro Rosado.
- “The End” by Earl Grant for Darren Lamb.
- “You Belong to Me” by The Duprees for Gary Graham, who dedicates it to his girlfriend Margie Spears.
- “Never My Love” by The Association for Kay Hughes, who dedicates it to J.R.
- “Halfway to Paradise” by Tony Orlando for Eugene M. Forbes.
- “I Love How You Love Me” by The Paris Sisters for Margie Spears, who dedicates it to her boyfriend Gary Graham.
- “Let It Be Me” by The Everly Brothers for Randy Sutton.
- “Hello Josephine” by Fats Domino for Arturo Juá
- “I Wake Up Crying” by Chuck Jackson for Frank Jordan.
- “Johnny Angel” by Shelley Fabares for Linda Parks Smith.
- “Universal Soldier” by Donovan for Lee Short, who dedicates it as a tribute to the USMC.
- “I Can’t Stop Loving You” by Don Gibson for Glenda Penney, who dedicates it to the memory of her husband Larry. R.I.P.
- “Magic Moon” by The Rays for Pat Pearsall.
- “I’m Gonna Miss You” by The Artistics for William Lawton Wells.
- “Jo-Ann” by The Playmates for Thomas E Lee.
- “When The Lights Go On Again (All Over the World)” by Vaughn Monroe for Georgia Dishman.
- “Suavecito” by Malo for Donna Armeli.
- “Shake, Rattle and Roll” by Big Joe Turner for Sandy Pearce.
- “Fools Rush In” by Ricky Nelson for Jane Minogue, who dedicates it to Terence.
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop, rock and roll, R&B, or rockabilly songs that were hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s.
Please click here for the Daily Doo Wop YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo Wop.