Juke Box Saturday Night
Thanksgiving is over and big-time shopping has begun. It’s time to relax a little and reminisce with the oldies with the all-request Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night. The songs are on the juke box in our Daily Doo Wop Rec Room. There’s plenty of good music, and it’s always a fun mix of artists and genres, including pop, rock and roll, country, doo wop, R&B, and more. Just click on the juke box and then on the songs you wish to hear. Many thanks to all those who requested songs! Many apologies if we did not get to your request. Please let us know, and we’ll try again next Saturday.
Here are this weekend’s selections for Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night #103:
- “Each Time” by The Searchers for Robert Florczak.
- “Spanish Harlem” by Ben E. King for Harry Zemon.
- “Without You” by Johnny Tillotson for Randy Sutton.
- “Going Out of My Head” by Little Anthony & The Imperials for Felicia Miller.
- “South of the Border” by Frank Sinatra for Arturo Juárez, remembering Mr. Sinatra, who has a birthday next month.
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee for Kevin McKay.
- “You Don’t Own Me” by Lesley Gore for Barbara Bergman.
- “Lyin’ Eyes” by The Eagles for Georgia Dishman.
- “Grow, Mrs. Goldfarb” by Allan Sherman for Tm Swank, who writes it’s in honor of this day — and season — of constant eating.
- “Cherish” by The Association for Lyn Anderson, who dedicates it to the memory of her first boyfriend Tom Paccillo, as it was their song. May he rest in peace.
- “There I’ve Said it Again” by Sam Cooke for Judith Morrison Hillis.
- “To Be Loved” by Jackie Wilson for Frank Jordan and Linda Tirado Valpey Grall.
- “Scotch and Soda” by The Kingston Trio for Mary Perry.
- “I Love How You Love Me” by The Paris Sisters for Dave Groves, who writes it’s “for Connie from Dave.”
- “Hard Times (The Slop)” by Noble “Thin Man” Watts for Alan Jacobus.
- “Enchanted” by The Platters for Marvin Mckinney.
- “Journey to the Center of the Mind” by The Amboy Dukes for William Lawton Wells.
- “Sixteen Candles” by The Crest for Shelley Caron, who dedicates it to her daughter Taylor: Happy 16th Birthday!
- “Love’s Themes” by Love Unlimited Orchestra for Ralph Buckway.
- “Candy Girl” by The Four Seasons for Joanne Carlucci.
- “A Rose and a Baby Ruth” by George Hamilton IV for Bob Black.
- “Naughty Lady of Shady Lane by The Ames Brothers for Charlie Bubenheim.
- “Amazons and Coyotes” by The Dreamlovers for Ken Dusty Havens.
- “Don’t Worry” by Marty Robbins for Linda Mullens.
- “Shake, Rattle & Roll” by Big Joe Turner for Pat Pearsall.
- “Why Don’t They Understand” by George Hamilton IV for Thomas E Lee.
- “There’s a Moon Out Tonight” by The Capris for Susan Lang Kuzma.
- “Some Kind of Wonderful” by The Drifters for Moses Timothy.
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by The Jaguars for Jack Ewing.
- “In the Still of the Night” by The Five Satins for Marilynn Cierzan.
- “Baby Love” by The Supremes for Billie Patterson.
- “Sea of Heartbreak” by Jackie Wilson for Bonnie Gatlin Hollingsworth.
- “Try Me” by James Brown for Chris Natheos.
- “Surfin’ Bird” by The Trashmen for George Denelsbeck.
- “Devil or Angel” by The Clovers for Rene Bisson.
- “Dance Little Jean” by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band for William Crum.
- “Another Saturday Night” by Sam Cooke for Ada Perez.
- “The Pied Piper” by Crispian St. Peters for John Konecny.
- “Walk Like a Man” by The Four Seasons for Brian Hartman.
- “Maybe” by The Chantels for Sarita Silva Hart.
- “Music Box Dancer” by Frank Mills for Edna Gord.
- “Heat Wave” by Martha and Vandellas for Sue Grande Rosini.
- “Ferry Cross the Mersey” by Gerry and The Pacemakers for Dick Moison.
- “My Baby Is Fine” by The Fortunes for Bob Nelson.
- “You Belong to Me” by The Duprees for Cyndy Jaye Doty, who dedicates it to her Mom Lakie.
- “Ride Away” by Roy Orbison for Susan Poff Wright.
- “Susan” by Buckinghams for Michael Wollner, who dedicates it in remembrance of an old flame.
- “When Two Worlds Collide” by Jim Reeves for Larry Jeffers.
- “Let’s Live For Today” by The Grass Roots for Patty Gamelin.
- “Come Softly To Me” by The Fleetwoods for Gary Graham, who dedicates it to his girlfriend Margie Spears.
- “”Sea of Love” by Del Shannon for Margie Spears, who dedicates it to her boyfriend Gary Graham.
- “Papa Noel” by Brenda Lee for Eugene M. Forbes.
- “Heartbeat” by Buddy Holly for Sonny Cook, who dedicates it to Sherry.
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop music, rock and roll hits, R&B, or rockabilly songs that werewere hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s.
Please click here for the Daily Doo Wop YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo Wop.