Juke Box Saturday Night
Happy February weekend! It’s time to relax a little and reminisce with the oldies from the all-request Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night selections. The songs are on the juke box in our Rec Room. Just click on the juke box and then on the songs you wish to hear. There’s always plenty of good music, and it’s always a fun mix of artists and genres. Many thanks to all those who requested songs! Many apologies if we did not get to your request. Please let us know, and we’ll try again next Saturday.
Here are the selections for this weekend’s Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night #168:
- “Raindrops” by Dee Clark for Dene as well as Nadine who writes: “I just wanted to hear a song that was from the past.”
- “Save the Last Dance for Me” by The Drifters for Warren Buchanan and Cheryl Swafford.
- “(Till) I Kissed You” by The Everly Brothers for Diane Millican.
- “Poor Little Fool” by Ricky Nelson for Diane Millican.
- “The Creep” by Ted Heath and His Music for Butcher who writes: “To all lovers of a slow dance.”
- “Crying in the Chapel” by The Orioles for Jane M.
- “Marianne” by Terry Gilkyson and The Easy Riders for William Ray Roy.
- “Afrikaan Beat” by Bert Kaempfert for Terence Minogue who writes: “In honor of our favorite NY area kids’ show host, Sandy Becker (1922-1996) and his wonderful characters: Norton Nork, Hambone, and The Big Professor.”
- “I Like It That Way” by Jeff Joffrion AKA Sonny Blackfield for Tom Snyder.
- “A Poor Man’s Roses” by Patsy Cline for Randy Sutton.
- “Back Stabbers” by The O’ Jays for Marlene Yosten.
- “She’s Not There” by The Zombies for Marlene Yosten.
- “Solitary Man” by Neil Diamond for Marlene Yosten.
- “Gimme Dat Ding Dong” by The Pipkins for Ken Dusty Havens.
- “Torn Between Two Lovers” by Mary McGregor for Maddy Tobin.
- “6” by Keith for Deke Rivers.
- “Save the Last Dance for Me” by Sandy Posey for Jonna Sausman.
- “I Never Knew” by The Dukays for Charlie Faller.
- “I Wanna Thank You” by Bobby Rydell for Deke Rivers.
- “I Love An Angel” by The Co-Eds for Bob Nelson.
- “I Love How You Love Me” by Bobby Vinton for Bonnie Gatlin Hollingsworth.
- “My Way” by Elvis Presley for Billie Paterson who writes: “In memory of my good friend Marilyn, who passed away earlier this week. She was a huge Elvis fan.”
- “Time Waits for No One” by The Friends of Distinction for Bill Smith.
- “Along Came Jones” by The Coasters for Bill Hauger.
- “All Shook Up” by Elvis Presley for Margaret White Wallace.
- “Spooky” by The Classics IV for Gary Weinberger.
- “Up on the Roof” by The Drifters for Maurice Hansen.
- “Puppy Love” by Paul Anka for Donna Mordwinow.
- “Who’s Sorry Now” by Connie Francis for Shirley D’Amico.
- “It’s Not Unusual” by Tom Jones for Peck Charlotte Peck.
- “Sweet Nothin’s” by Brenda Lee for William Crum.
- “When I Fall in Love” by The Lettermen for Elaine White Greene.
- “Wish It Were Me” by The Platters for Larry Jeffers.
- “You’re My One and Only Love” by Ricky Nelson for Terry Zdeb who writes: “For my wife Jan.”
- “Fever” by Little Willie John for Judith Morrison Hillis.
- “Have You Heard” by The Duprees for Ada Santos who writes: “For my debonair man, Joel W.”
- “Devil with a Blue Dress On Good Golly Miss Molly” by Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels for Jerry Sullivan.
- “Big Man” by The Four Preps for Tom Lee.
- “Only in America” by Jay and the Americans for Deke Rivers.
- “Slow Down” by Larry Williams for Deke Rivers.
- “So Close to Heaven” by Ral Donner for Deke Rivers who writes: “Sounds like Elvis!”
- “Come Go With Me” by The Dell Vikings for Linda Turner who writes: “From Linda to My First Love Paul.”
- “Just When I Needed You Most and Tell It like It Is” by Billy Joe Royal for Susan Poff Wright who writes: “Enjoy listening to all the great requests. Thanks DDW.”
- “Saturday In the Park” by Chicago for Felicia Miller.
- “Twenty-Four Hours From Tulsa” by Gene Pitney for Dick Moison
- “The Night Has a Thousand Eyes” by Bobby Vee for Pamela Morris.
- “The Thing” by Phil Harris for Mark Goldberg.
- “Love a Go-Go” by Stevie Wonder for Robert Florczak.
- “A Sunday Kind of Love” by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons for Diane Millican.
- “Sugar Shack” by Jimmy Gilmer and The Fireballs for Lawrence Kelly.
- “Stagger Lee” by Lloyd Price for Bill Kerb who writes: “For Sue.”
- “Cradle of Love” by Johnny Preston for The Daily Doo Wop.
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop music, rock and roll hits, R&B, or rockabilly songs that were hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s.
Please click here for the Daily Doo Wop YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo Wop. Hope you enjoyed Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night #168.