Juke Box Saturday Night
Happy February weekend! It’s time to relax a little and reminisce with the oldies from the all-request Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night selections. The songs are on the juke box in our Daily Doo Wop Rec Room. Just click on the juke box and then on the songs you wish to hear. There’s always plenty of good music, and it’s always a fun mix of artists and genres. Many thanks to all those who requested songs! Many apologies if we did not get to your request. Please let us know, and we’ll try again next Saturday.
Here are the selections for this weekend’s Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night #169:
- “Hello Walls” by Faron Young for Warren Buchanan.
- “Please Don’t Stop Loving Me” by Elvis Presley for Jonna Sausman.
- “Rhapsody in the Rain” by Lou Christie for Brian Hartman.
- “Ride Away” by Roy Orbison for Susan Poff Wright who writes: “Love Mr. O’s music. Thanks for playing our requests.”
- “I Just Can’t Help Believin'” by J. Thomas for Terry Zdeb who writes: “For my wife Jan.”
- “It’s Too Late (She’s Gone)” by Chuck Willis for Judith Morrison Hillis.
- “Fever” by Peggy Lee for Jeanie Hayes.
- “I Count The Tears” by The Drifters for Doug Kelimoff.
- “Friendly Persuasion (Thee I Love)” by Pat Boone for Gary Weinberger.
- “Isn’t It a Pity” by George Harrison for Bill Smith.
- “Crocodile Walk” by John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers for Bill Hauger.
- “Guided Missiles” by The Cuff Links for Diane Cicer .
- “My Girl” by The Temptations for Gloria Austin-McDonald.
- “Come Softly To Me” by The Fleetwoods for Donna Mordwinow.
- “Stagger Lee” by Lloyd Price for Jerry Sullivan.
- “Blue Velvet” by Bobby Vinton for Linda Mullen .
- “Oh Julie” by The Crescendos for Bob Black.
- “Loving You” by Elvis Presley for Sonny Cook who writes: “For Sherry.”
- “Another Saturday Night” by Sam Cooke for Ada Santos who writes: “For my sugar, Joel W.”
- “Young Love” by Sonny James for Billie Patterson.
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” by The Tokens for Sandy Gaudet.
- “Dirty Water” by The Standells for Margaret White Wallace.
- “Time Won’t Let Me” by The Outsiders for Elaine White Greene.
- “My Heart’s Desire” by The Avalons for Tom Lee.
- “Telstar” by The Tornados for Terence Minogue who writes: “In honor of the SpaceX Falcon 9 Launch, carrying the Paz Satellite into orbit, and the Internet to people all around the world.”
- “Jesus is a Soul Nan” by Jeff Joffrion for Jeff Joffrion who writes: “Hope you put it on for Easter, Jeff”
- “Sipping a Cup of Coffee” by Lee Andrews and the Hearts for Charlie Faller.
- “New York’s a Lonely Town” by The Tradewinds for Robert Florcza .
- “Tell Him” by Patti Drew for Felicia Miller.
- “Oh My Angel” by Bertha Tillman for Randy Sutton.
- “I Don’t Care if the Sun Don’t Shine” by Elvis Presley for Deke Rivers who writes: “Early Elvis Sun Rockabilly!”
- “This Little Girl” by Dion for Deke Rivers who writes: “And Another Great B-Side!”
- “I’m a Happy Man” by The Jive Five for Deke Rivers.
- “The Queen” by The Rip Chords for Deke Rivers who writes: “Another of My favorite s & another Great b-side!”
- “You and I ( Have the Right to Cry )” by Lou Christie for Deke Rivers who writes: “My FAVORITE , & A GREAT B-SIDE!”
- “Sea Cruise” by Frankie Ford for Larry.
- “When I Hold the Hand of the One I Love” by Mel Carter for Sal Belleci.
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” by The Tokens. for Joe Weiss who writes: “Kris W.”
- “Johnny Reb” by Johnny Horton for Donald Rakes.
- “If I Give My Heart to You” by Kitty Kallen for Jeff Joffrian.
- “To Be Loved” by Jackie Wilson for Diane Millican.
- “Stranger on The Shore” by Acker Bilk for Diane Millican.
- “Stormy” by Classics IV for Diane Millican.
- “Anyway You Want Me (That’s How I’ll Be)” by Elvis Presley for Diane Millican.
- “One Night With You” by Elvis Presley for Diane Millican
- “Palisades Park” by Freddy Boom Boom Cannon for Deborah.
- “Theme From A Summer Place” by Percy Faith for Debbie Waldman.
- “Soda Pop (Juke Box Rock)” by The Emeralds for Anton Urbina.
- “To Know Him is to Love Him” by The Teddy Bears for Linda Turner who writes: “From Linda to Paul.”
- “I’ll Never Find Another You” by The Seekers for Bill Rehberg.
- “A Rockin’ Good Way (To Mess Around and Fall in Love)” by Brook Benton and Dinah Washington for The Daily Doo Wop.
- “Hushabye” by The Mystics for Anton Urbina.
- “Remember Then” by The Earls for Anton Urbina.
- “Goodnite Sweetheart, Goodnite” by The Spaniels for Dick Moison.
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop music, rock and roll hits, R&B, or rockabilly songs that were hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s.
Please click here for the Daily Doo Wop YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo Wop. Hope you enjoyed Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night 169.