Happy March weekend! It’s time to relax a little and reminisce with the oldies from the all-request Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night selections. The songs are on the juke box in our Rec Room. Just click on the juke box and then on the songs you wish to hear. There’s always plenty of good music, and it’s always a fun mix of artists and genres. Many thanks to all those who requested songs! Many apologies if we did not get to your request. Please let us know, and we’ll try again next Saturday.
Here are the selections for this weekend’s Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night #170:
- “Go Jimmy Go” by Jimmy Clanton for Elaine Miller.
- “I Know Why Dreamers Cry” by Gary U.S. Bonds for Elaine White Greene.
- “The Three Bells” by The Browns for Charlie Bubenheim.
- “That’s Why (I LoveYou So)” by Jackie Wilson for Terry Zdeb who writes: “For my wife Jan.”
- “(Down At) Papa Joe’s” by The Dixiebelles for Gary Weinberger.
- “The Green Leaves of Summer” by The Brothers Four for Bob Black.
- “Crystal Blue Persuasion” by Tommy James and the Shondells for Arthalie Bickle.
- “Long Tall Sally” by Little Richard for Donna Mordwinow.
- “Maybe” by The Chantels for Judy Mccann.
- “I’m Gonna Be Strong” by Gene Pitney for Margaret White Wallace.
- “Love Man” by Otis Redding for Donna Capps.
- “Little by Little” by Micki Marlo for Sonny Cooke who writes: “For Sherry.”
- “What’s Your Name” by Don and Juan for William Crum.
- “Poor Little Fool” by Ricky Nelson for Linda Mullens.
- “Up on the Roof” by The Drifters for Ada Santos who writes: “For my debonair man, Joel W.”
- “Things I’d Like to Say” by New Colony Six for Bill Smith.
- “The End of the World” by Skeeter Davis for Ella Beck Sohn.
- “Brown Eyed Handsome Man” by Chuck Berry for Bob Chris Durdee.
- “Lonely Teardrops” by Jackie Wilson for Bill Hauger.
- “Angel Baby” by Rosie and The Originals for Jerry Sullivan.
- “Young At Heart” by Perry Como for Anton Urbina.
- “Pepper Hot Baby” by The Belvederes for Anton Urbina.
- “Oo Wee So Good” by The Drakes for Anton Urbina.
- “Peppermint Stick” by The El Chords for Bob Nelson.
- “The Shape I’m In” by Johnny Restivo for Anton Urbina.
- “Dream Lover” by Bobby Darin for Anton Urbina.
- “I Lost My Baby” by Joey Dee for Deke Rivers.
- “Good Timin'” by Jimmy Jones for Deke Rivers.
- “[I Love You] For Sentimental Reasons” by Sam Cooke for Felicia Miller who writes: “For my Mom, who just celebrated her birthday!”
- “Call Me” by Chris Montez for Deke Rivers.
- “Papa Oom Mow Mow” by The Rivingtons for Deke Rivers.
- “Hey! Baby” by Bruce Channel for Deke Rivers.
- “Rain Rain Go Away” by Bobby Vinton for Randy Sutton.
- “Lonely Women Make Good Loveres” by Steve Wariner for Tom Geno.
- “Crystal Blue Persuasion” by Tommy James and the Shondells for Diane Millican.
- “Only Ladies Play Croquet” by Tin Tin for Robert Florczak.
- “Sweet Cherry Wine” by Tommy James and The Shondells for Diane Millican.
- “I Want You I Need You I Love You” by Elvis Presley for Diane Millican.
- “Everyday” by Buddy Holly for Diane Millican.
- “Moonglow and Theme from PIcnic” by Morris Stoloff for Diane Millican.
- “Magic Moon (Clair De Lune)” by The Rays for Charlie Faller.
- “Let It Be Me” by The Everly Brothers for Linda Turner who writes: “From Linda to Paul.”
- “La Bamba” by Ritchie Valens for The Daily Doo Wop.
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop music, rock and roll hits, R&B, or rockabilly songs that were hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s.
Please click here for the Daily Doo Wop YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo Wop. Hope you enjoyed Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night 170.