Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop hosts a golden oldies Juke Box Saturday night in our Rec Room with song requests from the 1950s and 1960s. Our juke box tonight has 58 requests. There is a fun mix doo wop songs, rock and roll hits, rockabilly, country, rhythm and blues, 1950s music, and sixties music favorites. Please click here to get to our Rec Room, and then click on the juke box to access the songs. All are free music downloads. Golden oldies are here to stay!
Many thanks to all those who requested songs for this Juke Box Saturday Night. Many apologies if we didn’t get to your request. Space is limited and we’ll try again another Saturday.
Here is tonight’s line up:
- “Devil or Angel” by The Clovers for Clairejanice McConnell.
- “Time is Tight” by Booker T & The M.G’s for Jim Mccarty.
- “Just Dropped In (To See What My Condition Was In)” by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition for Wayne Burns.
- “A Crazy Little Palace (That’s My Home)” by Billy Williams for Clinton Brown.
- “Denise” by Randy and The Rainbows for Denise Gagne.
- “Tonight I Fell in Love” by The Tokens for Lee Short.
- “What Am I Living for?” by Chuck Willis for Bill Mayes.
- “You Send Me” by Sam Cooke for Carter Reed.
- “Gloria” by The Cadillacs for Robert Blake.
- “Shout! Shout! (Knock yourself Out)” by Ernie Maresca for Judy Lawley.
- “Unchained Melody” by Al Hibbler for Lynn Grubbs Sheppard.
- “Love at First Sight” by The Mello-Kings for Paul LeRoy.
- “Endless Sleep” by Jody Reynolds for Gary Lasher.
- “Great Balls of Fire” by Jerry Lee Lewis for Gail Brown.
- “Daddy Cool” by The Rays for Bob Durdee.
- “Walking Along” by The Solitaires for Mike Prisament.
- “Comin’ Down With Love” by Mel Gadson for Tony Koziol.
- “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” by The Belmonts for Ron Mazer.
- “Life is But a Dream” by The Harptones for Bob Nelson.
- “Looking for an Echo” by Kenny Vance for Diana Emily Brown.
- “Pizza Pie” by Norman Fox and The Rob Roys for Ned Hood.
- Big Boss Man” by Jimmy Reed for William Bill Wallace.
- “Pledging My Love” by Johnny Ace for Greg Curtin, as it is his and his wife’s wedding song.
- “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley for Pam Davidson Miner.
- “If You’re Going to San Francisco” by Scott McKenzie for Judy Tamarin.
- “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin” by The Righteous Brothers for Diane Almeida Romero and Ada Perez.
- “Wipeout” by The Surfaris for Pam Williams.
- “The Twelfth of Never” by Johnny Mathis for Alice Sapp.
- “Am I That Easy to Forget” by Debbie Reynolds for Shirely Harris Hawkins.
- “Don’t Look Back” by The Temptations for Tom Gibson.
- “Please Say It Isn’t So” by The Swinging Hearts for Jack Greiser.
- Stranger on the Shore” by Acker Bilk for Jackie Hudson Bowman.
- “Blue Velvet” by Bobby Vinton for Judy Williamson Key.
- “Ronnie” by Marcy Jo for Sandy Wilson.
- “Maybe” by The Chantels for David McMahon.
- “The Last Time I Saw Her Face” by Gordon Lightfoot for Larry Jeffers.
- “Walk Right Back” by The Everly Brothers for Carol Slatier Yeager.
- “There is Something On Your Mind” by Big Jay McNeely and Band for Bob Durdee.
- “My Prayer” by The Platters for Allan Katz.
- “Laugh, Laugh” by The Beau Brummels for Allen Mahoney.
- “Angel on My Shoulder” by Shelby Flint for Holly Pitts, who dedicates it to her sister Dawn who sings that song as she rocks little kids.
- “School Is Out” by Gary U.S. Bonds for Jesus Osuna Osuna.
- “You Were Always on My Mind” by Elvis Presley for Carol Davis Johnson.
- “Guess Who” by The Righteous brothers for Ritz Burke Richey, who dedicates it to Harry from Rita.
- “Rag Mop” by The Ames Brothers for James Pennock, who dedicates it to his wife Barbara Anne Hurley Pennock.
- “Jo Ann” by The Playmates for Thomas E Lee.
- “Wolverton Mountain” by Claude King for J Neal Wood.
- “Harbor Lights” by The Platters for William Ray Roy.
- “Deborah” by The Crickets for Mike Manfredi.
- “Twilight Time” by The Platters for Gerri Fitzi.
- “The Entertainer” by Tony Clarke for William Lawton Wells.
- “Sweet Dreams” by Patsy Cline for Ralph Buckway.
- “A White Sport Coat and a Pink Carnation” by Marty Robbins for Guy LeFebvre.
- “Gee Whiz” by Carla Thomas for Joyce Sweidinger.
- “To the Aisle” by The Five Satins for Bob Black.
- “Lazy Summer Night’ by The Four Preps for Shirley Butler Schuman.
- “Working on a Groovy Thing” by Patti Drew for Vangie McColley, who says it’s for R.H.
- “Just a Dream” by Jimmy Clanton for Shirley Larson.
If you are interested in purchasing and listening to lots of doo wop music and rock and roll from the 50s and 60s, please consider this: The Golden Age Of American Rock ‘n’ Roll, Volume 1: Hard-To-Get Hot 100 Hits From 1951-1963
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop, rock and roll, R&B, or rockabilly songs that were hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s. Please click here for our Youtube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo-Wop.