Honeymooners Twas the Night Before ChristmasDecember 9, 2014
Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night 4December 20, 2014
Golden Oldies Music
Many thanks to all who requested songs for the Saturday Night Juke Box! All were great songs. We couldn’t get to everyone’s request, but here are 44 songs — some familiar, some not heard in a while. Please click here to get to our Rec Room, and then click on the juke box to get the songs.
- “One Summer Night” by The Danleers for Annlouise Brabant and Sharon Hastings Steele.
- “Tammy” by Debbie Reynolds for Phyllis Strieunoski, Sandy L. Howery, and Lj Goss.
- “Unchained Melody” by Vito & The Salutations for Marty Bloom.
- “(Today I Met) The Boy I’m Gonna Marry” by Darlene Love for Carmen Salazar Solario.
- “Could This Be Magic” by The Dubs for Linette Doll and Susanne Tamburro.
- “In the Still of the Nite” by The Five Satins for Barbara Daniel, Jackie Hamilton, Judith Yvonne, and Steve Scobee.
- “Night” by Jackie Wilson for Rosemary Wright.
- “The House of Blue Lights” by Chuck Miller for Lawrence J. Klumas.
- Click-Clack” by Dickie Doo and The Don’ts for Mike Long.
- “Kiss, Kiss, Kiss” by The Jive Five for Mary Garcelon.
- “Just a Dream” by Jimmy Clanton for Ginger Dorlini, Shirley Larson, Marlene Sischile, and Sue Bergk.
- “My Vow to You” by The Students for Sylvia Sepulveda.
- “Crying” by Roy Orbison for J Neal Wood.
- “Once In A While” by The Chimes for Carolyn Hoelzle.
- “Sad Movies (Make Me Cry)” by The Lennon Sisters for Maggie Pearson.
- “Tonite, Tonite” by The Mello-Kings for Paul Leroy.
- “Only You” by The Platters for Carter Reed, Rick Bales, Joseph Martell, Marcos Medrano Mercado, Diane Tessier Hebert, and Richard Butler.
- “The Battle of New Orleans” by Johnny Horton for William Bill Wallace, Jeanie Hayes, Shawn Knight, Angela Saltarelli Eager, and Judy Greenfield.
- “Maybe” by The Chantels for Brian J Hamilton, Carolyn Moe Zwaschka, Tom Sandomenico, Judith Yvonne, and David Kelley.
- “At Last” by Etta James for Joanne Carpenter.
- “Only Love Can Break a Heart” by Gene Pitney for Theresa Juba and Mary Jo Bond Bell.
- “White Christmas” by Elvis Presley for Tom Voss Sr., Jeanie Hayes, Peter Powell, and Robert J Callanan Jr.
- “Hurt” by Timi Yuro for Judy Greenfield.
- “Maybellene” by Chuck Berry for Judith Yvonne.
- “Imagination” by The Quotations for Lee Short.
- “Stagger Lee” by Lloyd Price for David Braatz.
- “Daddy’s Home” by Shep and the Limelites for Irene Dominguez.
- “Juke Box Saturday Night” by Nino & The Ebbtides for John Van Orden.
- “Runaround Sue” by Dion for Lynn Mlynar.
- “To be Loved (Forever)” by The Pentagons for Connie Reybrouck.
- “Deep Purple” by Nino Tempo and April Stevens for Barbara Daniel.
- “Tutti Frutti” by Little Richard for Joseph Martell.
- “Little Star” by The Elegants for Chickie Ladzenski.
- “Little Latin Lupe Lu” by The Righteous Brothers for Mike Barnes.
- “Tequila” by The Champs for Judith Yvonne.
- “Blueberry Hill” by Fats Domino for Frank Aguirre.
- “Soldier Boy” by The Shirelles for Linda Vanderhoef Vasquez.
- “Since I Don’t Have You” by The Skyliners for Tom Kunkle,
- “26 Miles (Santa Catalina)” by The Four Preps for Carolyn Miller.
- “Up on the Roof” by The Drifters for Angela Saltarelli Eager.
- “Running Bear” by Johnny Preston for Sonny Collier.
- “Jody” by Del Shannon for Peter Powell.
- “Telephone Baby” by Johnny Otis for Pamela Rose.
- “Anna (Go to Him)” by Arthur Alexander for Sharon Hayes Simmons.
For More Golden Oldies Music
The Daily Doo Wop Rec Room has daily featured doo wop, rock and roll, R&B, or rockabilly songs that were hits during the first era of rock and roll (that is, from about 1952 until the British invasion in 1964). After a song is featured, it then goes into the juke box. You are welcome to listen to any of the 40+ selections there. Every weekend, there is a Golden Oldies Juke Box Saturday Night, and the juke box is full of song requests from the 1950s and 1960s.
Please click here for the Daily Doo Wop YouTube channel, to which you can subscribe. Thank you for stopping by The Daily Doo Wop.